Monday, June 6, 2011

Lowered the Crib

     Yesterday, before we went to the evening service at our church, Marcus was playing in his crib with some toys.  While we both were standing there watching, he held onto the side railing and pulled himself up until he was standing.  He stood for maybe 3 seconds, before slowly falling over like a cut tree, but luckily since I was so close, I could re-direct him so he didn't hit his head.  We've been told this for a while now, but just haven't made the time to do it, but we finally lowered his crib mattress tonight.
     When Mark got home from work, we ate supper then got right on it.  Marcus jumped in his jumper for what seemed like forever, while Mark and I (but mostly Mark) worked on the bed.  My job was dusting the parts of the railing in the back that had dust caked-on since they hadn't been touched since Marcus' birth, and as usual, Mark knew what he was doing and how to do it well!  It makes me a little sad that we had to lower Marcus' crib bed because it means Marcus is getting so big! 
     One final note...tonight, Mark and Marcus were in the living room and I was in the nursery, cleaning up and I heard Mark say, "tell Mommy what you're doing."  Before I knew it, he had CRAWLED into his nursery from the living room!!!  He had the proudest look on his face and would fall every once in a while because he would be laughing so hard when I was telling him how proud I was. 
     Time continues to tick on, and even though we think it's going too fast, we are LOVING where God has us right now. 

As I was cooking supper tonight, guess who joined me in the kitchen.

Pay no attention to the post-nap hair.  We still think he's a cutie!

Daddy is our hero!

Tightening the final screws once it was lowered.


Here's the final product!  I'm happy he's safer, but sad because I can't lean down and kiss him while he's sleeping now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment