Thursday, January 19, 2012

16 Months Old

     Yesterday our sweet baby boy turned 16 months old.  Yes, I know what some of you are thinking.  "Are you going to do this every MONTH?"  The answer is no.  I'll just try to keep a monthly track until he's 2.  We'll see.  I digress...
     It's fair to say that Mark and I both fall more in love with Marcus each day.  As I type this, he's standing beside me, pushing buttons on a penguin that plays music.  He brought it up to me and said, "peese!" which is his translation for "please."  He was asking me to turn it on and once I did it brought the biggest smile to his face.  He raised his hands and started swaying his little booty from left to right.  We love to watch him "dance."  Sometimes it looks like he's praising the Lord as he has his hands and head held high and he just rocks from side to side.  Other times he just spins in circles.  Either way, it's precious to watch.
     He continues to love books, balls, tractors, cars, and animals of all shapes and sizes.  And if you put two of those together, it's a winning combination.  For example, if you have a book about tractors or animals, he goes bonkers.  Mark's Aunt Ran gave him a book with real animal pictures in it and currently, it's his favorite book.  We hope he continues to love reading as he gets older.  Luckily for him, I kept all the books I purchased for my classroom when I was teaching, so we have a plethora of literature downstairs, in our basement.
     Marcus is finally feeling better after probably 3 weeks of different ailments.  He had a virus the week after Christmas and had 2 molars popping through, then he had a double ear infection with a doozy of a cold, followed by a fungal diaper rash caused by what the antibiotics did to his digestive tract.  He now seems to feel good again and act like his "old self."  I would say the only thing we can complain about physically is that he seems to hit his head on something DAILY.  He literally has a new bruise on his head every few days.  He's top-heavy, so if he bends over even slightly, he topples, landing head first.  Last night in church he was riding an airplane that rocks like a rocking horse.  Another child came over to "help" him (aka-he rocked him really fast) and he fell off.  As he was descending, he hit the handle of the rocking horse beside him and literally BROKE off the handle.  His poor head!  Of course he screamed and cried for a little while, and of course there's a new mark on his head today, but it's just another day in the life of Marcus.  Our child is literally and figuratively hard headed. :)
     Finally, I know everyone has different experiences and their children are all different, but I'm curious if we should try potty training any time soon.  I know it might sound too early, but he's been telling me when he's pooping and he's been right every time.  He'll say, "pooooooo!" and grab himself (sorry if that's TMI) then we'll go change him.  So who knows?  We might go buy a potty, but then again, maybe not.  I just don't want to squander this "opportunity" if you can call it that.
     Alright, that's all for the "Life and Times of Marcus Paul."  Even though we still don't have a camera, I thought I could at least fill you in on what this precious child has been doing lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment