Saturday, June 23, 2012

Litchfield Beach - Day 1

     Since today was our first full day at the beach, Marcus thought it'd be a good idea to get up at 6:30.  :)  I actually just think it was too bright in his room AND he was in an unfamiliar place, so that's why he said, "Onna get up!" as soon as I walked into the room.  Nonetheless, we're on vacation, so I decided to roll with it and just be thankful (even though my eyes would hardly open).
     We tried to let Daddy sleep for 2 more hours, so we ate breakfast, read books, and hung out on the large balcony looking at the ocean, seagulls, and the few people who were out on the beach.  Right about the time Daddy was waking up, we decided to go for a walk.  We checked out the two pools, one kiddie pool, and one jacuzzi.  We briefly glanced at the beach, but so far, he is not really impressed with the ocean.  He doesn't downright HATE it, but he's not squealing with joy either.
     Around 10:30, Uncle TJ and Aunt Liv showed up and the festivities began!  We helped them unpack their car, brought everything in, then all five of us headed for the beach.  It looked like we were moving in because we had SO MUCH stuff.  Mark carried the four beach chairs, I had Marcus (who was pulling his blue wagon with sand toys) and our beach bag with towels.  TJ and Olivia had their towels, boogie boards, and I can't remember who was pulling the cooler, but someone was.
     We gently introduced Marcus to the water in the soft sand where it was receding due to a lowering tide and played in the sand with him there.  Again, he didn't really like it so some of us went back to the chairs with him while others played deeper in the ocean.  I had forgotten how much I like the sway of the waves and the sound as they crash.  TJ, Olivia, Marcus, and I ate our sandwiches back on the dry sand while Mark worked on his tan. 
     We stayed out until about 1pm then Olivia and I took Marcus to the kiddie pool.  Now THIS is where he LOVED being.   The kiddie pool is one foot deep and about six or seven feet in diameter.  It was PERFECT for him.  He jumped, kicked, and splashed his little heart out.  We would've stayed longer but, well... let's just say his pool diaper was beginning to leak a dark substance. :(
     Skipping ahead, he took a nap and slept two hours.  While resting, Mark, TJ, and Olivia played a new card game and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them share in their competitive spirit.  I'm sure we'll be playing it again after Marcus goes to bed tonight.  The 3 adults went back to the beach to play football and Marcus and I joined in after he woke up.  We had one more round in the pool before eating supper, here in the condo, cooked by Olivia and I. 
     It's just after 8pm now and Marcus is WIIIIIIIDE open.  He's been playing on the bed with Olivia and then playing ball with Mark and TJ.  He's in heaven getting all this attention, but let's be honest.  Mark and I are pretty happy to get away and rest ourselves.  Having TJ and Olivia here REALLY helps and gives Mark and I a few extra minutes to ourselves. :)
     I can't promise a blog every day, but I'll try to share pictures of our adventures each evening.

Marcus' first view of the ocean - ever.

My two loves

6:30am on the porch


This was a first.  Mobile ice cream truck...float...boat?  Whatever you call it.

Marcus and Aunt Liv

He thought splashing was the most fun thing.


Playing "nertz"

Just after he woke up, watching Daddy, Uncle TJ, & Aunt Liv throw a football.

Everybody in the kiddie pool

No comments:

Post a Comment