Saturday, May 21, 2011

Another Great Week!

     Another week has gone by and our family continues to thrive in God's Word.  On the days I set my alarm and get up earlier than Marcus so I can read the Bible, it always goes a lot smoother (or at least I'm prepared to deal with it better).  Our sweet little man continues to show more personality each day and after hearing this week's, "Focus on the Family," I'm beginning to wonder if he's a strong willed child like his mama.  We will see...
     In other news, Marcus' Mt. Airy grandma came to visit for the day Thursday.  She tended to Marcus' every whimper while I got a LOT of housework and laundry done, not to mention stole an hour away to be by myself.  They had a grand ol' time together from the looks of it.  He particularly liked peek-a-boo with her and his sweet little chuckle filled our small home. 
     His newest adventures include destruction and adventure.  He's unhappy unless he's up and moving.  I moved his table walker into the kitchen, where it can roll better and he's almost RUNNING around in circles.  As you'll see below, he got into the drawers, so I had to quickly fill it with things that couldn't hurt him (towels and plastic measuring cups & utensils).  A mess is easy to clean up, but it's hard to deal with a hurting child, so as long as he had something to bang into the cabinets and throw across the kitchen floor, he was happy and safe. 
     Speaking of hurting, we think his teeth are hurting him more this week.  He's given a few deep belly, hurting cries out of nowhere, grabbing his mouth, so we've tried different chewing toys, wet washrags, and gave him some children's tylenol once this week, before he went to bed.  Since his two bottom teeth came in at once, maybe it's double pain?  Who knows, but I do know this: As much as my mama's heart hurts when he's in MINOR pain, I can't even begin to grasp the way our Lord felt when he sent Jesus to the cross.  I was thinking of that as I rocked Marcus last night.  It was and is an overwhelming feeling, yet one covered with gratitude.  I hope you have accepted Jesus so you, too can feel that gratitude for what He did for us all.

Laughing at Peek-A-Boo with Grandma.

Grandma and her only grandbaby (so far)

Sorry it's fuzzy, but I thought it was funny.  Marcus stayed in his jammies all day on Friday and took a 2 1/2 hour nap!  His hair was a MESS when he got up.

Marcus found a drawer just his height, so I stocked it with "baby friendly" items.

No comments:

Post a Comment