Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Graduation & A Tourists Game

     This past Saturday we went to the home school graduation of Duncan Dorris and two other young men.  I've never been to one where the students didn't go to an actual high school.  Let me tell ya, it was awesome.  The weather was perfect, there was food for miles, and the best part was the actual presentation of diplomas from the parents of all three fellas.  Their dads made specific references to their sons and more importantly gave guidance from the Bible.  I was in the back crying, thinking about how fast children grow up and how I'd be in that same position before I know it.  After the ceremony, I especially enjoyed chatting with the Cobbs, Rennards, and Dorris'.  They each have 5 or 6 children, each of their fathers are doctors of some sort, they all home school, and I babysat for each of their families in college.  It was a great time to catch up and reflect the past, as well as look to the future with each of them.
     On Sunday, we did our regular church-lunch-nap-church routine, but yesterday was different.  It was Education Day at McCormick Field and the Tourists played an 11 o'clock day game.  Kristen, a good friend from church, and I took Marcus to his first Tourists game.  Of course he had on his "Future Pro" jersey and Braves cap.  He was one of HUNDREDS of children in attendance.  He didn't take a morning nap, so he only lasted through half of the game, but seemed to enjoy looking around the best.  He stared and smiled at all the people and didn't quite know what to think of Mr. Moon, the new mascot.  Kristen helped me haul everything back to the car and Marcus was asleep before we hit the highway.  It was a fun time, even though it was short, and I look forward to when Mark and I both can take him to his next game.

Can you believe a 4 year old took this pic?

Chewing his shoes before church.

We just got to the game and he already showed signs of fatigue.

Gamers!

"What the heck is on my shoulder?"

Laughing now - about to meltdown, though

I know it's fuzzy, but I wanted to show him attacking my leg while I try to cook.

Forget going in circles, our little Bam-Bam just drags the table where he wants to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment