Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First "Real" Haircut

     We're having a super small birthday party for Marcus on Saturday and I wanted to take him to get a "real" haircut before then.  Mark has trimmed his hair a few times before, but it was time to take a little off the top and smooth out the back.  Since he's such a wiggly worm, I had no idea how to get him to keep still, but a friend suggested to give him a sucker during his haircut.  Well, this worked like a charm!  The whole haircut didn't take an entire 10 minutes, but he sat there and played with my keys, then sucked on the sucker.  While it was still in the wrapper, I tried to let him hold it and he threw it.  So once I opened it, I held onto it while he sucked the sweetness out of it.  He's not a baby anymore, but a BIG BOY!  It brings a tear to my eye, but not one of sadness, but of joy, really.  I didn't even know for sure if we'd be able to have a child and the Lord has blessed us with this amazing little man.  I can't believe he's been in our lives for nearly a year now.  What a wonderful savior we serve! :)

We went to Camp Windy Gap on Saturday to visit with Aunt Liv & other Young Life women.

Marcus definitely loves his Aunt Liv

It was nap-time and he got fussy, but Daddy calmed him with a shoulder ride.

Pre-haircut

Check out those baby blues.

He LOVED the sucker (his first) and did really well holding still.

No comments:

Post a Comment