Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

     This past weekend was action-packed and wonderful.  Friday night, the 3 of us attended David Cobb's home school graduation.  It was UH-mazing!  He and one other young man graduated and there were tons of families there.  The food was spectacular and their home was gorgeous.  After the diplomas were passed out, we saw a slide show of the two young men on a LARGE screen put up between trees in the woods, then we all joined together to sing, "In Christ Alone."  After that, they passed out sparklers and the children had a ball.  While they were running around squealing with glee, everyone broke out in, "I'll Fly Away."  It was SO GREAT! 
     The next day, we had another graduation to go to and this time it was Molly Dorris.  She too is the second oldest child of her family, but I got to see her grow up a little more since I babysat her and her siblings more often.  Molly and one other young woman were given diplomas by their parents after their fathers made speeches on the front lawn.  After that, everyone enjoyed great home-made food, corn hole, a trampoline, and wonderful wisdom-filled fellowship.  It, too, was a wonderful event to attend. 
     Finally on Sunday, Mother's Day arrived.  And just when I thought Marcus hadn't gotten me anything, Mark came out of the bathroom announcing that Marcus had peed in the potty for the first time!  I know this might be too much information for some of you, but considering he's only 19 months old, I WAS ECSTATIC!  He seems to be training himself because I've put very little effort into potty training, however, I will now try a little bit and see how he does.
     We went to church to serve and worship, then came home for FAMILY NAPS!  Since there was no evening service, we went out to supper then did the regular Sunday evening pull-up run on 3 of Mark's stores.  Some may call it work, but since I was with my family, I call it quality time. :)

Our sweet Daddy works so hard, he can fall asleep anywhere, anytime.

Playing on the "pourch" before going to graduation.

He loves to swing himself.

I spread out a trash bag & taped it to the floor this morning for his first painting experience.

He seemed to really like it and did pretty well keeping it within the blue border.

He got just a smidge on his finger and wanted me to wash it off.

His final masterpiece.

And then he started painting his foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment