Saturday, February 12, 2011

1 Samuel 1:27

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him."
*1 Samuel 1:27*


     Our sweet Marcus Paul continues to grow each day and do new, "tricks" as we call them.  His "tricks" today include spitting up more than normal, while in public, all over his mama, and then when we got home and I KNEW he was tired, he cried uncontrollably for over half an hour.  It could be teething...it could be that his belly isn't quite right since he had a little stomach bug Tuesday... or it could be that he's just HUMAN and having an "off" day.  Either way, when I look into his deep blue eyes and see that sparkle when he smiles, all my frustration melts away.  He definitely has captured the hearts of both his parents, all grandparents, aunts/uncles, and numerous church family.  I never really hear other mom's talk about the "not-so-easy" times of motherhood (or at least the mom's I hang around don't talk about it), but they are there...that's life.  But with Marcus, his sweet times far outweigh his not-so-sweet ones, so we'll take 'em all! 
     He's now making all sorts of babbling noises and spitting.  He makes the /b/ and /p/ sounds just to name a few of his new ones.  His squeals of glee increase in volume and he understands that making noise usually gets a response of those around him.  He's quite the people-person and flirt when he's around the ladies.  I think he's beginning to transition into 2 naps instead of 3.  Most babies have already made that transition by now, but I think he's just like his mama and needs extra sleep (unlike Daddy who hardly ever gets enough sleep, but keeps on truckin!).  He has a smile that lights up a room and his little cackles are the sweetest sound to Mark and I. 
     So there ya have it!  An update about the sweetest almost-five month old around.  I hope to do two extra blogs this week (Valentine's Day & his 5 month old birthday) just to share some fun pictures I hope to take.  And one more thing for good measure... if you've not been in God's Word today...DO IT!  What are you waiting for?  "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword."  ~Hebrews 4:12.
Yes, I know it's another mirror shot, but he LOVES looking at himself.

The boppy helps him sit up but he'd rather lay down and play with his feet.

Speaking of feet...that's his foot that he has up to his mouth.  He's an official toe-chewer.

Here are his cute little fat feet all stretched out.

I know the color of this picture isn't that great, but I thought his jersey was the cutest.  It says, "Daddy's Home Run Hero."  By the way he jumps out of my arms when his daddy comes home, his daddy is his hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment