Monday, February 14, 2011

Love

     Well, as most of you know, today is Valentine's Day.  Here at the Schuurman household, Mark and I do not celebrate this holiday with chocolates, cards, or dates.  He told me way back when we were dating how stupid of a holiday he thought it was and how we wouldn't celebrate it.  And just for the record, let me say that I'm soooooooo fine with that because he really knows how to LOVE me the rest of the year.  Now, many of you may be saying, "booooo!" in your minds, but I didn't say MARCUS doesn't celebrate it. :)  Sneaky, huh?  Below, you 'll see a short video of Cupid, I mean, Marcus playing with some heart lights as well as a few still shots.  He had a great time in just his diaper, playing with the lights and extra hearts.  I never knew, when I bought them in high school, that they'd be used like this.
     As for love, there's no way to truly know how to love unless you know the One who IS love... Jesus Christ.  1 John 4:19 says, "We love because He first loved us."  Think of that...before He created this world, He LOVED me, sinner, Leah and He loves you the same!  Being a new mother, I am overflowing with love for my husband and our son, however, the love that our Heavenly Father has for us FAR outweighs what I'm feeling here on Earth.  Isn't that INCREDIBLE???
     So no, we don't celebrate Valentine's Day.  But it's a good time to reflect the Love of Jesus and how we can better show our love to Him. 

     Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!!!








2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Whenever yall quit having and raising babies,you can go into photography,
    because you are very good. You do know of course you have an excellent subject to work with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!! But Leah-- I thought electricity was fourth grade curriculum, not four month:) so happy for you and your family!
    phyllis

    ReplyDelete