Saturday, February 26, 2011

Canadian Cousins in Town

     Thursday night, we were blessed to be able to host Mark's cousins for a night.  Darren, Brianna, Jordan (their cousin from their mom's side), and Darren's girlfriend, Rosanna all showed up right before 6pm.  We briefly visited then headed for (drumroll please....) the BBQ Inn!  As always, they didn't disappoint and we had a great Southern meal including BBQ, hush puppies, slaw, baked beans, fries, and Darren and Jordan tried their first pork rind.  Don't you just love Canadians?!  I think it's obvious that I DO! 
     After supper we came home and visited for a little while then we all went to bed.  They still had another 12 hour drive on their way to Florida and Mark had to get up early for his Friday route as well.  The girls slept in the newly finished bedroom in our basement and the boys set up air mattresses on the other side.  Since they had never had biscuits, I made eggs and homemade biscuits for breakfast, then sent them on their way to sunny Florida. 
     In other news, Marcus has GOT TO BE teething.  If not, I'm loosing my marbles.  We took him to a restaurant last night and we had supper with one of our mentors from church.  He was TERRIBLE!  He fussed and squirmed the whole time and not even the paci made him happy.  The best (not really) part of the whole evening is when he grabbed my drink (which I thought was farther away than it was), turned it over onto my lap, then slung the glass onto the floor where it busted into a million loud pieces.  So there I was, wet crotch, hollaring baby, and glass all over the place....and all eyes were on us.  Even after everything was cleaned up, Marcus was still VERY fussy. 
     When we got home, he had a low-grade fever of 99.8 so we're HOPING it's because he's teething and not because he's either getting sick or just having a case of "turd-itis."  He's his normal wonderful self this morning, no fever, and the drool is falling out of his mouth at a rapid rate.  Again, I could be fooled, but good grief!  Wouldn't you think the same???
     Finally, in a few hours, we're on our way to see Aunt Liv and her softball team in Hickory.  They have a 2 hour break in between games and we are going for a quick visit.  And yes, he's in one of his many baseball jerseys for the occasion.

Brianna took this picture of her food.  Isn't it beautiful???

Left to Right: Rosanna, Brianna, Marcus, Mark, Leah, Darren, & Jordan (far right side of the picture)

How cute is Brianna?


Getting ready for bed.

We call this room, "Hotel Hoozer" for when Matt & Mary Clark come stay with us.

Now that I'm LESS Type-A, Mark's taken on those personality traits, making sure everything was measured perfectly.

Here's Mr. Smiley, practicing sitting up.


3 comments:

  1. Thats a good looking bunch
    at that supper table
    I tell ya, but little Marcus is the best looking one. I am not one bit predigious.
    As usual, great pictures.
    I had a great time at the game today.
    Thank yall for coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...teething. I had a VERY similar experience one day in the mall at Raleigh. Honestly the worst outing experience so far,where I felt like I was in some horrible dream with no control over any part of the situation. Aren't you glad it's over & don't you feel a little bit stronger after enduring that? :) Definitely think teething is pretty brutal on the little fellas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used several products when my boys were teething.... I love Hylands Teething Tablets... they worked awesomely (is that a word???), Benadryl rubbed on the gums or Sore throat spray. I didnt use the OraGel stuff cause a dentist friend of mine told me that yes it did numb the gums but it also made them tough and it was harder for the tooth to make its appearance. Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete