Thursday, March 10, 2011

Photo Shoot

     So have you ever been to the mall and people try to stop and give you, "free" stuff?  Well, my friend Kristen and I try to exercise and talk at the mall weekly by walking, just like all the old folks do.  There's a cute children's photography place constantly trying to stop us with a free 10x13 picture, but but I'm always like, "yeah, yeah...nothing's free."  This past Monday, I finally stopped and asked what the catch was.  She said I could get a "FREE" 10x13 picture of Marcus, no sitting fee, nothing else...it was just a way to get me in the door.  Well, since Mark's parents are in town, his mom and I decided to take Marcus there and get a free picture for his parents' home.  We put Marcus in his fancy Sunday shirt and vest and headed for the photo center.  Once in front of the camera, Marcus was a natural.  He smiled, cooed, and drooled all over three different backgrounds and props.  Every time we spoke to him and tried to make him smile, he did, on command, as if he'd done it before.  Although he hadn't had his picture, "formally" taken before, you'd never know it by his reaction.
     When it was all over and they showed us the pictures, I knew why they were giving away a free picture.  Because there's almost NO WAY you can see these adorable pictures and turn them down.  Especially when she says, "you'd better act now, because all these photos will be deleted by the end of the day."  Ooooo, that was a dagger to the heart!  Luckily, Mark's mom decided to buy a CD with the pictures and the copyright so we could print however many we wanted, at whatever sizes we wanted.  WHAT A BLESSING!  She did, keep the big free print, and then we printed a few more copies at CVS later this afternoon.  Anyhow, all that's said to introduce the following shots.  Enjoy!




Seriously, he did that himself.  We did NOT put his fist up there.

Check out the drool on the left.




Check back on Tuesday when I blog and share pictures from our time with Mark's parents, the Hausers, and my family back in Virginia.  We'll be back Sunday, but I plan on napping after church! :)  Also, leave us a comment as to your favorite pic.  We'll put the winning photo as our new banner on the top.

3 comments:

  1. I love the one with him standing, but my favorite
    is the third one down. Look at those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my word! These are priceless! I don't think I can choose a favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! he's a natural. SO DARN CUTE!

    ReplyDelete