Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hickory and HOTlanta

     Last Saturday, Mark, Marcus, and I drove to Hickory to see Olivia and the Mt. Airy Granite Bears softball team play in a tournament.  They played 2 games, then had a 2 hour break before playing their last game.  My sister is one passionate coach but when she saw Marcus, she was sweet and baby-voice talking.  He softened her right up!  My dad also drove up for the visit because he couldn't pass up the opportunity to see his one and only grandson.  At one point while we were there, a lady came over to ask if I remembered her granddaughter, who was Olivia's 1st baseman.  Ok, check your "old-meter" here...this girl is almost 16 and I was her PRESCHOOL TEACHER!  I had her when she was THREE YEARS OLD and boy did I feel OOOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDDD!  She had obviously grown into a beautiful young woman, but I recognized her through her sweet eyes.  They were the same as when she was 3.  I remembered she would come in crying, not wanting her mama to leave, but then would latch onto my leg, dry her tears, and be my sidekick for the rest of the day.  It made me start thinking about how quickly time passes and how before I know it, Marcus will be a teen.  I know, I know... it's a long ways off, but is it really?  I was dancing with him in the kitchen again the other day and just started balling thinking about dancing with him at his wedding one day.  Am I a kook or what?  He was just drowning in my tears, looking up at me like, "Mama, what the heck is wrong with you?" Is this how all parents feel, particularly mamas? With that being said, I'm still relishing and enjoying my time as Mark's wife and Marcus' mama. 
     In other news, the three of us are in HOT-lanta right now.  Mark is on a NATIONAL council for Pepperidge Farm distributors and since I'm a stay-at-home mom, I COULD COME ALONG!  It's like a little vacation, all expenses paid (which, if you know a Schuurman, that's the best part...we're frugal you know).  Anyhow, Mark has been in his meetings and seminars all day and Marcus and I have had the best time.  We had lunch with my cousin, Ashley, then went to Turner Field and breathed in some air in BRAVES COUNTRY!  We might take a stadium tour tomorrow, but unless I find a stroller, we won't be going because I don't want to lug around 18 pounds for an hour!  We'll see, but either way, I'll post more pictures Saturday.  Until then, have a great rest of the week and go love on your family!




Grandad, Marcus, and Squeaky Giraffe.

Uncle TJ even made the drive to Hickory to see his favorite nephew.

Even though he woke up early, he was quite a happy boy this morning.

"This bed isn't big enough for us both!"

There it is...Turner Field!


This is a view of the Capital Building (gold dome) and the stadium from the top floor of our hotel.  It's 73 stories tall and we stayed on the 45th!  It was almost SCARY! (almost)

Marcus thought it'd be more fun to get his foot stuck than to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment