Tuesday, October 4, 2011

About our little man

     Most of those who read this blog are family or close friends who want to keep up with our lives, but more so with Marcus.  Well, today, I thought I'd write a few quick Marcus tidbits to keep you in the loop.
  • He had a new infatuation with animals and their sounds.  We were leaving the gym last night and saw a few deer in a heavily populated area, so they were extremely tame.  We rolled down his window and pointed the car in a way that would allow him to see them.  He oohed and ahhed as we watched them for a matter of minutes.  He also LOVES our next door neighbor's dog, Max, and calls for him daily.  That's the first thing he looks for when we go outside.  And finally, as we were driving home last night, he was crying uncontrollably and I said, "Daddy, what does a doggie say?" and Mark made the sound.  Marcus quit crying as we went through a whole list of different animals and their sounds until we got home.
  • I don't know if it's because he's getting bigger, because he's walking, or a combination of the two, but Marcus' feet STINK now!  He thinks it's hilarious when I smell his feet then say, "shew!"  It's a nightly routine that we both enjoy, and one that only takes a minute or two.
  • Marcus is now eating pretty much all table food (or at least he wants it) but he still refuses MILK!  He's been drinking water successfully out of a sippy cup for months now.  He gets very little juice, so it's not like he just wants the sweet stuff, but he just LOVES water.  He'll chug it.  So I'm not complaining about that, but it's definitely a struggle to get him to drink milk daily.  We're relying on yogurt to fulfill his dairy/calcium fix each day thus far.
  • Marcus loves being chased, playing peek-a-boo, and being tickled.  The other night I found a new tickle spot right under his chin.  If I even act like I'm going to touch his collar bone he comes unglued laughing.  He also has a new thing where if he's laying down on his back, he'll raise his arms until I tickle his armpits, then he'll lower them in laughter.  I sometimes wish I could bottle the sound of him laughing.
  • Finally, Marcus is now realizing he can MOVE to the sound of music.  Sometimes he'll bounce or sway when he hears music he likes.  It absolutely cracks me up.  Sometimes he'll dance with me and other times he'll just stop and look at me like I'm the fool.  Either way, it's adorable.
     Ok folks!  There ya have it!  I just thought I'd fill you in on a little more info about our little man. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment