Saturday, October 29, 2011

Six Years Later

     Six years ago, I was one stressed out woman, focusing on having the "perfect" wedding.  Although beautiful, it was far from perfect, but one amazing thing came out of it: a life-long covenant between my best friend and myself.  Mark and I are celebrating our six year anniversary today and it's just amazing to see how far God has brought us in our short time together.  When we first got married, Mark worked for a landscaper while his paperwork went through and I was in my first year of teaching.  He then bought a Pepperidge Farm bread route and began working that and before I knew it, he had TWO!  This man was/is like a freight train! 
     For a while we just, "went to church," but now we are PART OF the church, serving every Sunday, finding joy in telling others about Jesus.  Mark is our church's Sunday School director and I coordinate the nursery.  On top of that, we lead an adult Sunday School class which Mark teaches, and let me say, he's REALLY GOOD at it.  We sometimes joke that we'll have 4 or 5 children before he'll decide he wants to go to seminary.  Time will tell, but until then, we consider it a blessing to see how God is opening our eyes to the truth in His Word.
     Finally, last year in September, God blessed us with a perfect baby boy named Marcus Paul.  He was only 6 weeks old last year when we went out on our anniversary date and this year he's over 13 months!  We considered getting a babysitter, but decided to celebrate as a FAMILY this year.  Marcus is definitely a light in our lives and we're so THANKFUL to have a child like him.  It was just the other night that he was doing something naughty at the supper table and neither Mark nor I could discipline him because it was so funny.  We both just had to turn away.  Hopefully none of those naughty moments happen tonight as we go out, but either way, we'll make some memories.
     Six years ago, if you had told me this is where I'd be, I might not would've believed you.  We are in a place in life that I never DREAMED I'd be fortunate enough to experience and I am LOVING it.  We took Marcus on a walk yesterday evening, just letting him get some fresh air and both Mark and I talked about how happy we are RIGHT NOW. 
     Do we want more children?  Of course?  Will we one day need a bigger house?  Probably.  But there's no point in worrying about that if we're going to miss today's blessings. 

Happy Anniversary, Mark Peter.  There is not another person on earth I love and respect more than you!

When Mark gets home, Marcus wants hardly anything to do with his mama.

He's content with his daddy (but so am I).

It was time for pjs & bed but he wanted one more ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment