Saturday, April 14, 2012

Let's Go AH-SIIIDE!

     "AH-SIDE" is Marcus' version of "outside."  I think the child could live under the stars if we let him.  ALL DAY he's been asking us to go outside, over and over and over.  Lucky for him, today was free admittance into the WNC Nature Center for Asheville city residents.  I've been there many times before, but this made Mark and Marcus' 2nd trip ever.  I had grand hopes of teaching him all about different mammals, reptiles, and amphibians, letting him see them in a some-what natural habitat.  Upon walking in, I realized that I may have had unrealistic expectations for our almost 19 month old.  As soon as Mark showed the front desk attendant his license and we walked through the main doors, Marcus was ECSTATIC to pick up a rock.  A ROCK?!  He had acres of property with amazing animals and he was excited about a ROCK?  Yes.  So from that moment on, I let him enjoy the day and not show him this, and take him here and there.  We still enjoyed seeing all the animals, but he truly seemed happiest when he was just wandering the paths, picking up leaves and rocks.  Well, I take that back.  He LOVED the chickens and squealed with delight when they came close. 
     We stayed a little over an hour and it was the perfect amount of time for our little fella (and for us - my allergies were giving me a FIT!).  I thought we were just going home but Mark took us to my favorite restaurant YOSHIDA EXPRESS!  So needless to say, it was a glorious ending to a great morning spent together. 

Daddy and Marcus - in search of animals

Checking out the grey wolf

These cut-outs showed the sizes of wolves, coyotes, & foxes.

Mama and Marcus in front of the cougars.

Marcus says, "uh oh" for his donkey sound, instead of "hee-haw".

Marcus always enjoys the petting zoo part of these type places.

And of COURSE he found a tractor in this place.

Squealing at the chickens...his favorite part.

Marcus - sitting in half of a giant egg.

Even as we were leaving...he was still in search of the perfect rock. 

Our future gamer.

Playing football in the front yard of the Dorris home.

I know he needs a hair cut, but we still think he's just ADORABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment