Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fevers

     Both my sweet boys have had fevers the past couple of days.  Mark's has been minor but it came with a slight sore throat.  I think he gets this every now and again from shear exhaustion.  Marcus, on the other hand, woke up yesterday (Friday) morning and he felt warm to me.  He started out with a temperature of 99 degrees and by 11am it was 101.  I gave him Tylenol and called his doctor.  Believe it or not, they said not to bring him in unless he had it for 3 days and/or it got up to 104.  HOLY COW!  104?!?!?!  Yes, 104.  The highest it reached, even while taking medicine was 103 yesterday, but since then we've been between 100 and 101.  Even when puny and pitiful, our little man has still been sweet and smiley.  Today, he's been DADDY'S BOY.  He woke up saying, "Dada?" ("like, where is Daddy?")  I said, "he's asleep," and Marcus responded with, "I go see him."  (yes, this child is talking in sentences!)  When I told him he couldn't, you should've seen the tears and heard the wailing. 
     Later in the day, his medicine was wearing off and his fever was going back up again.  I was holding him on the couch, but as soon as Mark walked in, the child literally jumped out of my arms into the safe, strong arms of his daddy.  They cuddled and watched baseball until Marcus was falling asleep (which NEVER happens). Mark put him to bed and he slept a SOLID two hours before waking up and finally eating a little bit of food.  That's another way we know he's not feeling well - when he won't eat.
     I HATE seeing my boys in pain or with sickness, but times like this can be good.  It brings me back to reality at how good we have it.  We have great health and I need to be more conscious and thankful for it.  A friend of ours has a daughter who has numerous health issues.  My sister called this morning asking for prayers for her dear friend who just found out her husband has leukemia.  So, a fever?  It's nothing.  We really have it good.  It's not fun, but God has used these two days of yuckiness to remind me of our blessings and to pray more fervently for those who don't have such good health. 

Last night we stripped him down to just his diaper to cool him off faster.

Even when sick, he still has a sweet, sneaky grin.

He used his chair to reach his water on top of the counter.

He seems to feel some better today.  Here he's playing with puzzles.

I love this little fella!

No comments:

Post a Comment