Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Visit from Grandad and Granny

     Last Saturday, Grandad and Granny came for a visit.  Marcus was in the floor happily enjoying tummy time when they arrived.  There wasn't a "Hey Leah," or "Hey Mark," but "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY MARRRRR-CUUUUUUUSSSS!" in a high pitched squeal and they almost fell to the floor to join in on his level.  It was so funny.  By now, I'm used to it, but it's always makes me chuckle.  People sometimes ooh and ahh over him at church, then say, "Oh, hey, Leah," like they just realized I was there (even though I was the one holding him).   Mark or I neither one mind this because people are loving on our sweet baby, and he's a part of us. 
     So back to the grandparents...they drove into town, just for the day, to spend with Marcus, while Mark and I worked on the basement some.  They laid in the floor, took turns holding him, and they didn't seem to stop smiling the whole time.  Marcus was a happy boy, but definitely concentrated on their faces and voices, as they weren't as familiar as Mark's or mine.  Granny fed him and Grandad rocked him to sleep for one of his naps.  While he was awake and we ate lunch, they had to have Marcus right in front of them, so they could croon on his every movement in between chewing.  They spoiled him rotten, and once they left to go home, we paid for it in trying to put him to sleep without rocking him.  Oh well, they don't get the opportunity often, so what does a little spoiling hurt?  Not much at all. :)





Almost asleep


Aqua Duck is his new tummy time toy.  The water is inside so he doesn't get wet.

Face-plant

He laughs more every day.  It's the sweetest sound on Earth.

Our sweet little man.

2 comments:

  1. I never realized Marcus and your dad look so much alike! How cute! Also, I'm lovin' me some Aqua Duck face plants. Adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hope we didn't spoil Marcus too much,
    but hey, isn't that what Grandparents are suppose to do?
    And ya know, I think I like that Melissa

    ReplyDelete