Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Voice Video & Cold Update

On the first day of the year, Marcus "found his voice."  I know it sounds funny, because he's been cooing for a while now, but he almost talks to us sometimes.  I can even get him to make noise now when I rub my finger up and down on his mouth, making his lips flap.  He'll just say, "ahhhhh" and it's so cute because we'll both start laughing.  In this clip, he talks and smiles and I find a cartridge in his pants pocket.  Grandad and Granny gave him this outfit and Grandad put a cartridge in his pocket that was used to kill a deer on Thanksgiving (or around that time) when they gave it to us.  I keep forgetting to take it out of his pocket, but don't worry...after this video, I took it out and put it away.



In other news, Marcus has his first cold.  You'd think that after he was in this hospital at 8 weeks old that a good ol' common cold wouldn't be that bad, but I ache for him.  He felt icky yesterday and woke up today sounding terrible and snotting everywhere.  I took him in to the doctor's office, just to make sure, and they assured me that it was just a cold that had to work its way out.  (side note: The doctor also said he's not teething like we thought either...just slobbering his face off because that's what 3 1/2 month olds do)  The only thing I can do is run the humidifier, give him saline drops in his nose, and prop him up somewhat when sleeping.  To feel as crappy as he does, he's not been overly cranky.  It's just pitiful when he has a hard, horse cough and then cries out briefly in pain afterward.  I even cried once today with him.  It's so hard seeing our baby in discomfort, much less PAIN.  How did our Heavenly Father do it?  Maybe I'll ask Him in Heaven one day.  Naa, I'll probably be too busy praising Him to even worry about how I didn't understand it all while I was here on Earth.

1 comment:

  1. Oliver had a cold over Christmas too and it is just hard seeing them hurting and not being able to do anything. I totally agree! I hope he gets to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete