Saturday, April 23, 2011

I had no idea

     Marcus turned 7 months old this past Monday and we used up the last diaper that had been given to us.  Yes, that's right, we were blessed with SEVEN MONTHS worth of diapers.  I do still have two packages of size 1's, a package of size 4's, and a package of size 5's, but I returned, traded, and got as many diapers of the proper size as I could with what we were given.  I would've returned those 1's but I exceeded my return/trade credit at Target within a year.  Before Marcus' birth, Bev Colombo and Jennifer Hilliard threw us a Diapers and Desserts shower and I must say, it was genius!  It was super informal, we ate desserts, had coffee and water, and Mark and I received MULTIPLE packages of diapers and wipes.  For those of you out there who are going to throw a baby shower for someone you know, THIS is the idea you should go with.
     Moving on, I say all that to say this: I HAD NO IDEA HOW EXPENSIVE DIAPERS ARE (especially when you're diaper snobs like us)!  I say, "Diaper Snob" because we've used all brands and types of diapers and there has been only ONE that out little boy has not leaked through or pooped out of and that is Pampers.  Yes, of course he had to pick the most expensive diaper out there, but oh well.  At least there's one brand that does the trick.  I've heard different brands work for different children, especially girls vs boys, but for now, we're Pampers People.
     But who in their right mind would pay $35 for a box of diapers that MIGHT last 3 weeks (but probably closer to 2)???  That's right, it's time to whoop out the ol' coupons again and wait until they go on sale!  There's this show on TLC called, "Extreme Couponing," and I think when I grow up, I'll be like those ladies.  :)
     In other news, Marcus got his first taste of cookie batter this week.  I was baking cookies for a fund raiser at the school where I used to work and was licking the beater (duh, you would too...).  Anyhow, I was sitting right beside him and the child was COMING UNGLUED trying to get it himself.  So I took the tiniest little bit and put it in his mouth and he almost passed out with glee.  It was the funniest thing.  He sat ever so still for just a minute then started bouncing and jumping violently as he delightfully grunted.  He made another attack on me so I gave him one more speck, but this one must've had a little extra flour on it because he made a funny face and spit it all over me (and by spit, I mean projectile, ONTO my face).  Needless to say, that was his last taste, I mean, who wastes perfectly good cookie batter?  Not this girl.
     Finally, we're headed to Lake Norman today for a birthday party of our great friend, Seth Denton.  He was a groomsman in our wedding, Mark was in his, and he's turning THIRTY!  We are looking forward to seeing the sweet Dentons and spending the afternoon out by the lake, enjoying this beautiful Spring weather.  Obviously, we'll be posting pictures later in the week as there should be plenty of new friends for Marcus to play with.

Ignore the "morning hair"

He's PULLING HIMSELF UP!  I didn't even show him how to do this!

He still loves his baths.  Soon, he'll be sitting up in the bath.

This week our Sunday School class was supposed to read Psalm 139:1-18 every day.  Luckily, Marcus had an outfit to help me remember to do this.

"Seriously, Mom...another picture?"

This box of toys is great motivation for Marcus to sit up on his own.

Marcus loves his Daddy (and so do I for that matter).

This was his, "Dress Like Daddy" outfit.

Sweetness

Our little man is just getting so big.  I just want to keep him little (sometimes).

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the diapers. I can't believe you went 7 months! That's amazing! Make sure you sign up for points on Pampers.com. They have coupons for free diapers after you get so many. We are diaper snobs too, for the same reason, so I understand. Good luck couponing! Another tip is if you get Target coupons they take the store coupon and the manufacturer coupon both on the same box. It helps too!

    ReplyDelete