Saturday, April 16, 2011

Laughter is the best medicine

     Studies have shown that there are physical benefits to laughter.  Here at the Schuurman household, we're firm believers of it.  Mark cracks me up multiple times a day and our son is quickly following in his daddy's footsteps.  We all laugh together at silly things, but many times it's funny faces or something Marcus does.  Here are a few pictures that will hopefully bring you to laughter and will warm your heart like this sweet baby warms ours daily. 

PS - I'll blog again Monday since he'll be 7 months old. 

He loves making out with Glow Worm.

When I was copying him, he thought it was hilarious.

Big Boy loves his new high chair.

He had a blast "doing laundry" with me (aka: chewing on socks).

Our friends had a new baby and when we went to go meet him, Marcus and their oldest son Lawson had a great time playing together.  Lawson was sharing and Marcus was just entertained by his every move.

This child loves being naked, but don't worry, he had on a diaper. :)

This week we went to the Nature Center on the warmest day.  He was captivated by the bears and seemed to enjoy being outside all day, even if he was in his stroller the whole time.

Marcus is now sitting up on his own, but still needs us to stay close since he topples easily.

This week Marcus discovered how to push off and go backwards in his walker.  He loves getting into it while I'm cooking in the kitchen.

This is my sweet Ashton who brought me an avocado when Marcus was that size in my womb.  She's a sweet little girl and Marcus loved her as well, even though it was their first meeting.

Our neighbor Lucinda brought this Easter hat for Marcus, not realizing his head is the size of a 2 year old's. 

Mark wasn't impressed with this hat but I thought it was absolutely hilarious.

Marcus is infatuated with tags. Go figure.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about hilarious! I have never laughed so much in my entire life as I have since Oliver has been born. We are so blessed with amazing babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute and bright eyed little guy! Just want to squeeze him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah,

    I am a friend of Mark's from Canada. He and my brother first played baseball together when I was 10 years old.

    Mark and I got along quite well given our affinity for North Carolina basketball. Being 10 years old and wanting to hang out with the team, Mark took me under his wing and would always play catch with me.

    I found your blog while trying to find out what Mark was up to. It's fantastic to see that you and Mark were blessed with a beautiful baby!

    My e-mail address is mfortuna45@gmail.com. Please pass it on to Mark and tell him to get in touch with me! It'd be great to hear from him again.

    All the best,

    Mike Fortuna

    ReplyDelete